Emergency Earthquake AppealSave Lives Today
People woke up to see a massive 7.8-magnitude earthquake hit Turkey, and aftershocks were felt in several neighbouring countries, including Syria and Lebanon. The earthquake was followed by another strong temblor, causing tremors to be felt in distant regions.
As reports continue to come in, people have been found trapped under the rubble of collapsed buildings in Turkey, Syria and neighbouring nations.
The local media has reported the collapse of multiple apartment buildings after the powerful earthquake.
Your donation of £250 will provide shelter for injured people from the earthquake.
In neighbouring Syria, news of injured people trapped under the rubble of collapsed buildings has emerged. Syrian Civil Defense, a humanitarian group, has declared a state of emergency to rescue people who are stuck. They have also asked people to leave their homes, go to open areas, and tell rescue teams about people who are stuck under the rubble.
In light of the magnitude of the earthquake, it is likely that there will be significant destruction on a local level, requiring an international response. Search and rescue operations are currently underway across the Turkish region.
- £50 for a food parcel to feed the injured people in the earthquake.
- £100 for medical aid to help injured people.
NOUR AL-SHAM IS ON THE GROUND NOW
Your support is needed immediately to deliver life-saving aid to those affected by the earthquake.
Here’s how you can help:
- Providing water: when emergencies occur, access to clean water becomes challenging.
- Providing food: Families who have lost their possessions also have to worry about how to feed themselves and their children.
- Providing shelter: without access to temporary shelter, many are left in the streets.
- Giving medical help: Without the care they need, children and the elderly are in grave danger.
Your relief today could save someone’s life. Your support means the world.